WHEN DO YOU SAY A PERSON HAS PREMATURE EJACULATION
Because there is great variability in both how long it takes men to ejaculate and how long both partners want sex to last, if at all, an accurate prevalence rate is hard to determine, estimates range from as low as 5% to as high as 30% [ 1 ]
Nevertheless, it is possible that men with PE (abnormally low IELTs) could be “happy” with their performance and do not report a lack of control. Likewise men with delayed ejaculation (higher IELTs) may consider themselves premature ejaculators and suffer from distress and seek treatment.
CLASSIFICATION OF PREMATURE EJACULATION (PE) Classification
ICD – 10 F 52.4
ICD – 9 302.75
ALTERNATE TERMS FOR PREMATURE EJACULATION (PE)
Premature ejaculation is also known as rapid ejaculation, rapid climax, premature climax, or early ejaculation, low IELT.
Dr. Prakash Kothari calls it Early Orgasmic Response. In Indian language it is Shigrapatan.
TO ASK SEXOLOGIST FREE CLICK HERE
TYPES OF PREMATURE EJACULATION (PE)
PRIMARY: PE from puberty- from begining.
SECONDARY: PE started later in life. Initially there was no PE.
GLOBAL- In all circumstances.
Premature Ejaculation which occurs in certain contexts or situations or with specific partners only. [ 3 ]
DEFINITIONS OF PREMATURE EJACULATION PE
1st Definition of Premature Ejaculation PE
Premature ejaculation (PE ) is a condition in which a man ejaculates earlier than he or his partner would like him to. [ 7 ]
2nd Definition of Premature Ejaculation PE
Masters and Johnson defines PE as the condition in which a man ejaculates before his sex partner achieves orgasm, in more than fifty percent of their sexual encounters.
3rd Definition of Premature Ejaculation PE
The most common definition is that premature ejaculation occurs if the man ejaculates within two minutes of penetration; [ 1 ]
However, a survey by Alfred Kinsey in the 1940s demonstrated that three quarters of men ejaculate within two minutes of penetration in over half of their sexual encounters. [ 2 ]
4th Definition of Premature Ejaculation PE
Average intravaginal ejaculation latency time ( IELT ) of six and a half minutes in 18-30 year olds. [ 4 ] [ 5 ]
PE is IELT of less than 2 minutes.
(If the disorder is defined as an IELT percentile below 2.5, then premature ejaculation could be suggested by an IELT of less than about 2 minutes. [ 6 ])
5th Definition of Premature Ejaculation PE
Dr. Ashok Koparday defines normal IELT to be between 1 minute to 3 minutes. In the same individual it could be sometimes more than 3 minutes and some other times less than 1 minute. Persistently if ejaculation happens in less than one minute or in 4 to 5 strokes after insertion than it is Premature Ejaculation and those who seek treatment should be treated. [ 8 ]
1. ^ a b Waldinger M.D., Berendsen H.H., Blok B.F., et al. Premature Ejaculation and Serotonergic Anti-Depressants – Induced Delayed Ejaculation: The Involvement of the Serotenergic System Behavioural Brains Res. 1998 92(2):111-118
2. ^ Kinsey, Alfred (1948), Sexual Behavior in the Human Male , W. B. Saunders Co
3. ^ Godpodinoff M.L. Premature Ejaculation: Clinical Subgroups and Etiology Journal of Sex and Marital Therapy 1989; 15(2):130-134.
4. ^ “Ejaculation delay: what’s normal? [July 2005; 137-4 “] . Retrieved 2007-10-21 .
5. ^ Waldinger MD, Quinn P, Dilleen M, Mundayat R, Schweitzer DH, Boolell M (2005). “A multinational population survey of intravaginal ejaculation latency time”. The journal of sexual medicine 2 (4): 492–7. doi : 10.1111/j.1743-6109.2005.00070.x . PMID 16422843 .
6. ^ Waldinger MD, Zwinderman AH, Olivier B, Schweitzer DH (2005).”Proposal for a definition of lifelong premature ejaculation based on epidemiological stopwatch data”. The journal of sexual medicine 2 (4): 498–507. doi : 10.1111/j.1743-6109.2005.00069.x . PMID 16422844 .
Mobile: 91 9867788877
Email: ask [at] mydoctortells [dot] com