SIDE EFFECTS: This medication may initially cause
- dizziness and nausea as your body adjusts to the medication. Other side effects reported include
- trouble sleeping,
- loss of appetite,
- dry mouth,
- blurred vision,
- change in sexual ability, or
- rapid or irregular heartbeat,
- chest pain, severe headache,
- painful or difficult urination,
- muscle cramping,
- unusual or severe mental/mood changes,
unlikely but serious side effects occur:
- black stools,
- “coffee ground” vomit,
- easy bruising/bleeding.
Symptoms of an allergic reaction include:
- trouble breathing.
Here is the beginning of my post.
USES of VENLAFAXINE:
This medication is an antidepressant (serotonin-norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor type) used in the treatment of depression and anxiety disorders (Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Social Anxiety Disorder) in adults.
It works by restoring the balance of natural chemicals (neurotransmitters) in the brain, thereby improving mood and feelings of well-being.
There have been reports of hostility and thoughts of suicide or self-harm occurring in some children using Venlafaxine, hence it should not be used in children.